On May 16, 1928, four Salesians - Fr. Joseph
Hauber (the Rector), Fr. Austin Oehlert, Bro. William Haughey and Bro.
Michael Devalle took over the management of the Educational Institution
of the Immaculate Conception from Fr. J.S. Freitas S.J .. The school was
housed in a rented building called "Tardeo Castle". When the new school
year commenced on June 6, 1928, there was complete change of staff and
servants. On the rolls were one hundred and eight-nine day scholars and
ninety-eight boarders. The staff was composed of nine masters and four
lady teachers. Mr Roch Thomas was the Head Master officially from July
1, 1928. Two years later in June 1930, the institution changed its name
to Don Bosco High School. In 1932 Fr. Adolf Tornquist succeeded Fr.
Hauber, staying in office until his departure for Argentina in May 1936.
The school then remaine