The Air Force School (TAFS) was established in temporary wartime hutments at Wellingdon Camp, Club Road, New Delhi on 18 July 1955 with the aim of providing comprehensive modern education to children of personnel of the Indian Air Force. Although the school was established primarily for the benefit of children belonging to the IAF personnel, it has always been open to wards of Army and Navy personnel as well as to Civilians. Thereby it satisfies a long felt need of the Air Force personnel and simultaneously provides quality education to a much wider spectrum of children, from all over the country. The Air Force School is a co-educational public school with boarding facilities for boys of classes VI to XII. 7.