Education Minister Sabita Indra Reddy has asserted that the government did not impose any cuts in the budget for education sector and that providing quality education was one among its top priorities. The Minister said the department had prepared plans to spend ₹18,600 crore during the current fiscal and allocations were being made accordingly. The Minister was replying to the discussion on the demands for grants of Education Department in the Legislative Assembly on Thursday. The Education Department had proposed to spend ₹8,209 crore on School Education, ₹1,367 crore on Higher Education and another ₹322,91 crore on Technical Education sectors this fiscal. Replying to queries, she said the government would soon constitute a search committee to appoint vice- chancellors to some universities. On a number of intermediate students ending their life this year, she said a committee had been constituted to study the issue and the government would take appropriate action after the committee comes out with its recommendations.